Sunriver is typically quite busy during the warm summer months where people come to float the river, golf, fish and so much more. The area is also highly visited during the winter when snow sports are the attraction. But, did you know that Fall is not only a beautiful time in the area, but it is also a great time to visit so that you can save big? You won’t only save on money; you’ll save time and perhaps some headaches! Here are some reasons to visit this fall:
- Save on hospitality: It’s a well-known fact that whether you choose a hotel room or a vacation home, the low-seasons are going to be less money during the off seasons. You will enjoy lower nightly rates on your vacation rental in the fall than if you were to visit in the busy summer months or winter holidays (known as peak seasons).
- Save on recreation: You won’t only save on housing, but also on recreational activities. If you golf, you’ll find that most of the local golf courses offer a lower rate in the fall. This goes for SHARC access as well. The popular swimming and recreation center offers Winter rates from Sept 4, through the spring, though if you choose the right Village Properties home, you will receive passes free with your rental! The High Desert Museum, the Sunriver Nature Center and Observatory plus many more local places also offer lower rates in the Fall/Winter season.
- Less people, less wait: While visiting any destination during their peak seasons, you will experience more people, more lines, more difficulty making reservations, etc. Save the headache and visit while the crowds are non-existent. Be the first in line, be one of the few tables at the restaurant, spend more time together having fun rather than waiting and fighting crowds.
- Easier traveling: Whether you are flying or driving, you’ll experience less stressful or perhaps a completely stress-free travel. As you know, if you were to drive over during a busy 3-day weekend, the roads would be full or cars. Head over while everyone else is working or in school and experience open roads (or security lines).
- Soak it up: After reading all of this, you can see that there are lots of reasons to come to Sunriver during the fall. After a full day of fun outdoor activities you can spend the evening enjoying the crisp, clear fall nights stargazing from your deck or soaking in a hot tub.
- Fall splendor in Central Oregon: As mentioned above, this area is beautiful during the fall. We’ve also compiled some really great hikes and floats to do in the fall months.
Plus, while staying with Village Properties at Sunriver save even more on select recreational activities, dining and more. Check our the savings here.