So, you traveled to Sunriver for vacation and it’s raining? While it’s a rare occurrence around here, it does sometimes rain. So, what to do with a rainy day in Sunriver? Head inside for a couple of hours while those drops pass by and keep the play going.
Below, we share our 5 favorite things to do in Central Oregon when the weather insists on sending you inside.
Read on for your rainy day in Sunriver activities:
1. Live Laugh Love Art – From painting a wood sign, a canvas or pottery to glass fusing, this shop offers lots of indoor fun, perfect for a rainy day in Sunriver. Located in building 23 at the Village at Sunriver, Live Laugh Love Art offers creative fun for all ages. No appointments necessary, just drop in and choose your activity. Guests of Village Properties at Sunriver receive a free fountain drink with any activity. Grab some candy and a drink and let the creative juices flow until that rain passes.
2. Sunriver Brewing Company – While the rain pours, why not let a beverage and some super yummy food put your mind at ease. With a well-stocked play area for the little ones, an extensive drink and food menu, you won’t find this stop disappointing at all. Very close to Live Laugh Art Love, this brewery is located in building 4 at the Village at Sunriver. If you enjoy craft beer and good food, make sure to stop here. We recommend a Vicious Mosquito IPA and some General Tso’s Cauliflower!
3. SunriverVR Virtual Reality Arcade – Many folks I know have always wanted to try it but haven’t taken the time. A rainy day in Sunriver is the perfect time to try out virtual reality. Walk on the bottom of the ocean, stand in the cosmos, Virtually go anywhere in the world, meet a whale, hunt dinosaurs, battle zombies, defend your castle gate, play fetch with “Mono” your robotic dog, be a noble knight, use a light saber, fight with your favorite music, create 3D art, be the Bridge Crew of a Starship, use a jet pack and fly thru the city putting out fires, walk the plank 40 stories up, race cars, fly spaceships, shoot down drones, save the world… there are over 1,200 mind blowing games and experiences to choose from, with 5-10 new added every day.You’re on Vacation – Try Something New.
4. The High Desert Museum – Learn about the history of Central Oregon as you take a journey through time in the museum’s immersive exhibits. Experience whichever exhibit is on during your stay with the ever-changing exhibit. The museum has 12 new exhibits each year. Learn about some local animals at the Birds of Prey or the Otter exhibits. Swing through the museum cafe and gift shop for snacks and souvenirs. By the time your day is done, you’ll have forgotten that rain tried to dampen your vacation and feel thankful for the new plan!
5. SHARC – If your days plans included SHARC, don’t let the rain push you away. The pools typically stay open in the rain, and the water is quite warm. If you’re swimmers are feeling brave and still want to take that plunge, we say do it! If the weather has forced the outdoor pools closed, you’ll still have the option to visit the indoor pools. Remember that many of the Village Properties vacation rental homes include complimentary SHARC passes adding a huge value to your vacation home rental!
Remember that our friendly Sunriver experts are on hand from 8-5, 7 days per week to help you plan your stay. We can help you find the perfect vacation rental, plan out your activities and so much more. If you’d like to map out your adventures before arriving, there is no need to spend hours online researching the best activities for your vacation. We’ve got the best local activities and adventures right here, in one place! Be sure to check it out!