Oregon is one of the premier destinations for hiking. One of Oregon’s many standout hiking trails is the Pacific Crest Trail. It’s an attraction that brings people from all over the United States to experience and explore the Pacific Northwest nature. Try hiking here near Bend, Oregon, if you want a new adventure. You can start your journey with the perfect lodging at Village Properties at Sunriver. Here is what you need to know about the Pacific Crest Trail and hiking near Bend, Oregon.
What Is The Pacific Crest Trail?
The Pacific Crest Trail is a long-distance hiking trail that stretches from Oregon to southern California. The trail covers most of the West Coast of the United States. The trail was completed in 1993.
How Long Is The Pacific Crest Trail?
The trail is 2,650 miles long. Many hike the trail every year, starting at the United States and Mexico border in April and ending in September at the Canada border. The trail passes through many state and national parks, so checking if a permit is needed is essential.
What Should I Know About The Trail Section In Oregon?
The section of The Pacific Crest Trail that passes through Oregon is considered the easy part of the trail. You can check out Mount Shasta, Pilot Rock, Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument, Hyatt Lake, Howard Prairie Lake, Mount McLoughlin, and more in Oregon.
Take On The Pacific Crest Trail
The Pacific Crest Trail is one of the best hiking experiences near Bend, Oregon. Don’t miss the opportunity and book directly with Village Properties at Sunriver. Book your stay with Village Properties at Sunriver and embark on an unforgettable journey in Sunriver this summer or fall, with no shortage of delightful experiences. In addition, we feature some of the best amenities and rooms in the Sunriver and Bend, Oregon, area. Have the best time possible by booking directly with us. To hear more about our accommodations, reach out to us at 1-844-458-4433. Or book with us online.
Sunriver is the ultimate destination for relaxation, outdoor adventures, and memorable experiences. Enveloped in the heart of the majestic beauty of Central Oregon, Sunriver offers a retreat like no other, whether you’re seeking a thrilling vacation or a peaceful escape. Once you’ve decided to plan your getaway with Village Properties at Sunriver, perhaps you’re wondering when is the best time to visit. Considering Sunriver gets 300+ days of sunshine annually, there isn’t a wrong time of year to book your stay. However, here are the benefits of a summer or fall vacation to Oregon.
Visiting Sunriver In Summer
Summer is an energetic and exciting time to experience Sunriver’s natural beauty and vibrant atmosphere. With abundant sunshine, refreshing water activities, and an array of exciting events, it’s no wonder why so many visitors choose to spend their summer here. Immerse yourself in the unique scenery and celebrate these lively community events you can only find in Oregon.
- Cool off and play in SHARC. SHARC is the Sunriver Homeowners Association Recreation Center and is the premiere aquatics, recreation, and event center in Sunriver. Our vacation rentals in Sunriver include free SHARC passes!
- SHARC admission is dependent on their capacity! Please check the SHARC website for a status update before your visit or call 541-585-5000.
- Spend the weekend watching balloons fly over the trees at Balloons Over Bend. Hundreds of hot air balloons rise over one weekend from the early morning to late at night.
- For art admirers out there, you will not want to pass by the Sunriver Art Fair. It’s a tremendous opportunity to see and support some of the finest local art. The Children’s “Make & Take Craft Bags” also makes this a popular event for families with children.
- Try dipping your toes into the Deschutes River.
- Paddleboard and swim in the nearby Cascade Lakes
- Todd Lake
- Sparks Lake
- Devil Lake
- Elk Lake
- Hosmer Lake
- Lava Lake & Little Lava Lake
- Cultus Lake & Little Cultus Lake
- Crane Prarie Reservoir
- North & South Twin Lakes
- Wickiup Reservoir
- Devils Lake
Visiting Sunriver In Fall
If you’re looking for a more serene experience, Sunriver in the Fall is a hidden gem that offers a relaxing oasis in the Pacific Northwest. As the heat of summer subsides, and the kids head back to school, this is a perfect opportunity to experience the attractions Sunriver offers, minus the crowds and high temperatures. Here are some lovely reasons to visit Sunriver, OR, in the fall.
- Enjoy the combination of sunshine and crisp air at Sunriver’s renowned golf courses.
- Try seeing the amazing splay of colors from horseback. Sunriver Trail Rides is a great way to try horseback riding and get a different perspective. Another stellar option is Todd Creek Horse Camp. Set along the Cascade Highway, it’s a chill and beautiful horseback tour through some of the best views near Sunriver.
- An exhilarating activity to try in the fall is ATV and Off-Roading near Sunriver. There are numerous offroading trails like the East Fort Rock OHV Trail System or Edison Butte OHV Trail System. You can travel these trails all day if you like ranging from 20 miles to more than 300 miles of dirt to move on.
Book Your Stay In Sunriver, Oregon, Now
Whether you prefer the vibrant energy of summer or the serene tranquility of fall, you will not want to miss some of the attractions that only happen during these seasons. It’s no wonder why Sunriver is legendary as a summer vacation destination – some things to consider for the season are: it’s wildfire season (smoke may affect your travel or experience) and also that the warmer temperatures could be an issue for vulnerable populations (old, young)
Experience why Sunriver is a popular summer destination and the best time to visit, or discover why fall is an equally enticing time that captures the hearts of visiting travelers. Book your stay with Village Properties at Sunriver and embark on an unforgettable journey in Sunriver this summer or fall, with no shortage of delightful experiences. In addition, we feature some of the best amenities and rooms in the Sunriver and Bend, Oregon, area. Have the best time possible by booking directly with us. To hear more about our accommodations, reach out to us at 1-844-458-4433. Or book with us online.